Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The best thing about a 5 day weekend!

I have to admit there are lots of really great things about a 5 day weekend; however the best thing about my 5 day weekend was I got to spend all of it with my husband. This past weekend was great! It started out Friday morning, just like every other weekend, we spend the morning running to the grocery store and giving the house a good scrub down. Then family arrived! Around 3pm Grandma Nan, Momma Nell, and Little Lila moved in! We went for a hike, ate some lasagna and caught up. Saturday was great, window shopping, a little bit more hiking, and an even better dinner prepared by my husband (the recipe from that wonderful dinner party from the previous week). My husband and I took turns feeding, snuggling, and oohing and awing over Little Lila. By the way Little Lila is the most beautiful 6 month old little girl we've ever seen. Sadly Sunday morning Grandma Nan, Momma Nell, and Little Lila packed up and headed home because it was Valentine's Day. Charlie and I crashed! After 2 jam packed days we were exhausted. The minute the family left I fell asleep on the couch and Charlie started playing a video game. Around noon we decided to run an errand and then sat on the couch and started to watch some TV. Later that night we had reservations for a fancy dinner... about 2 hours before we were supposed to leave we changed into our pj's and ordered Chinese food. It was a great Valentine's Day! Monday we spent time in the office/studio and just spent time together and prepared for the next day and going back to work. Yesterday(Tuesday) started with a phone call at 6am. It was official Charlie's School (my husband teaches 7th and 8th grade theater in Hamden) declared it was a Snow Day! I still had work and two doctors appointments that morning. We made it safely to both of my appointments and then the snow and freezing rain started to fall in Naugatuck. I declared it a snow day of my own. So we spent all of yesterday together. I don't think we've spent that much time together for Months. It was exactly what we needed. Hooray for 5 day weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment