Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Traveling

Christmas is only a few days away; this means it's time to drive to
Iowa. We started this morning at 7:30am. I just finished driving and now it's Charlie's turn again. We took off a day early because Iowa is scheduled to get some pretty bad weather over the next few days. We are almost to Toledo, Ohio. We are thinking about driving all the way tonight to keep ahead of the weather. When I was 19 I could do this drive in one shot by myself, I have become aware that I am not as young as I used to be. Anyway, the trip goes by much faster with a second person. Asher's company is also a welcome addition. He takes turns sitting with his forearms on the center console, he is very cute. Another thing that has made these trips better is the fact that we have found a series of books on tape. Lame but also a great way to keep the back of the mind busy while driving. We are now listening to "Brinsinger" part of the Inheritance series. They are great and last the way there and half the way back. The other thing that I have discovered is knitting. Today I started a pair of socks for Charlie and a left handed fingerless glove to match the right one I made this nweekend. Knitting sounds like a great idea, I think I'll do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment