Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Islesboro

So... Where was I? Sunday was my niece Lila's birthday, we had a wonderful time celebrating with her. She is the most lovely two year old I've ever met.

Sunday also marked the switch in our living arrangements. Following Lila's party and post grocery store we headed to the ferry... Off to Islesboro and GrandmaNan.

For the past few years, and most of my husband's childhood summers were spent in Dark Harbor, Islesboro. This year we are staying with my Mother-in-Law on the other side of the island, in Pripet. So far things are shaping up quite nicely.

Yesterday I took my first ever riding lesson. It was fantastic! I am learning English Riding which uses very suttle ques to the horse and is a little against my natural instinct, but so much fun. I can't wait to go back tomorrow for my next lesson. I am very lucky that my Mother-in-Law lives only about a 1/4 mile from the Riding Center, tomorrow I plan to ride my bike to and from.

I've also been painting. Not pictures, Walls and doors, for my Mother-in-Law. Pictures to come. I've been having so much fun. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment